Summary: A Server will be responsible for taking food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic, non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. Also assists in the maintenance of the restaurant area and equipment. Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day. Maintain positive guest relations at all times. Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
Must adhere to all state, federal, and corporate liquor regulations pertaining to the serving of alcoholic beverages to minors and intoxicated guests, ensuring all laws are followed.
Essential Job Functions and Primary Responsibilities:
- Servers must be familiar with all hotel outlets and features along with hours of operation.
- All staff must greet all guests as they enter with a smile and make eye contact with the guest.
- Server take orders, serve food and beverage.
- Servers must always remain professional and efficient during service.
- The Server must have a thorough knowledge of the specials of the day and be able to elegantly describe the ingredients, methods of preparation and flavors of each special.
- All beverages must be transported on a tray.
- The Back-of-the-House areas must remain a neat, clean and organized environment at all times. Each Server must always practice a ‘clean as you go’ philosophy throughout their shift.
- Ascertain a guest’s satisfaction and handle any problem, which may arise informing a manager of the problem and how it was resolved.
- Gather and transport all supplies needed for the set-up of a function including, but not limited to, silver, china, linen, skirts, glassware, condiments, etc.
- Ensure all condiments, including salt, pepper, sugar, flowers, linen, skirts, and centerpiece go back to the designated area.
- The Server must ring in the order into the P.O.S. system and present the check with the last item ordered.
- Respect guest confidentiality.
- Follow proper uniform procedures, wear proper uniform and maintain a high standard in regard to personal appearance as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Complete nightly financial reporting, handle money responsibly and fulfill financial duties as demonstrated by management.
- Check the schedule on a regular basis for changes. Arrive at your work area at the time listed in the schedule
- Be aware of appearance, quality of work, and attitudes with guests.
- Report unsafe conditions to management. Properly handle and report employee guest accidents.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Supervisor, MOD or hotel management.
- Excellent people skills; possess a positive, outgoing and naturally curious personality.
- Ability to follow all of the Harbor View Hotel standards policies and procedures.
- Ability to work productively with other employees as part of a team.
- Ability to handle obstacles in a positive and professional manner and to effectively communicate these problems, along with suggested solutions
- Legal ability to work in the US.
- Excellent reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English Language. Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- 1-2 years Food & Beverage serving and/or related Food & Beverage experience.
- Ability to work a flexible workweek including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and direct sunlight for long periods of time.
- Servsafe certification
- TIPS certification.
- Previous guest relations training
- Experience in the hospitality industry in a similar position.
- CPR certification
Requirements: Education and Experience:
- Ability to continuously stand and walk.
- Occasional sitting for completion of paperwork.
- Ability to lift or move objects up to 50 lbs.
- Standing and walking is continuous for 4-5 hours at a time.
- Standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and ascending and descending stairs are repetitive movements.
- Lifting and carrying a 30 lb tray is repetitive
- Fine motor skills are needed for writing guest checks and folding napkins.
Method Of Application: Apply Now